Title: PYP Elementary Librarian
Company: Wellspring Learning Community
Location: Beirut, Mathaf, Lebanon
Wellspring Learning Community is Lebanon's only IB World Continuum school. We offer all three IB programs; the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP) as well as the Lebanese National Program(s).Wellspring Learning Community, now in its 10 the academic year, is the realization of a dream shared by a team of dedicated educators who believe that all the children of Lebanon and those coming from abroad deserve to study in a high quality learning environment that opens up a space for developing all their talents and intellectual potential, as well as their capacity for understanding and caring about the world around them. Our dream can only be fully realized through the learning, accomplishments, and future deeds of our students as they journey through life.
Job Description: To plan and implement the school’s library policy in consultation with the Head of School, Principal, Director and staff and in conjunction with the School’s Strategic Plan.
The Librarian will:
1. Support the school by
a) Managing and promoting the school library and teacher resources
2. Support the teaching staff by
a) Identifying and purchasing quality resources for the school library to deliver the PYP Curriculum which supports equality and diversity issues
b) Assisting in the delivery of information skills and information literacy teaching in the school
3. Support children’s learning by
a) Promoting enjoyment of, and excitement about reading to all children
b) Establishing skills for independent learning
- Knowledge of children’s literature and children’s resources to support the IB curriculum.
- Knowledge and understanding of library and information skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning, of educational issues and the PYP curriculum.
- Knowledge and commitment to equalities and diversity issues in the provision of library services.
- Knowledge of how ICT can be used to support reading development.
- Awareness of child development and the role of reading in the educational development of the child.
- Ability and courage to innovate.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, as well as having an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to adapt to different audiences and situations.
- Ability to use library management systems and other ICT software.
- Ability to work independently and to be proactive, assuming responsibility for own work, devise own work schedule and set appropriate targets and achieve them.
- School setting
- Working with children Nursery through Grade 4 ( Ages 3-10)
- Business-casual attire required
- 7:25 am-4:00 pm
- Monday to Friday
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume/fill in application to email@example.com
Wellspring Learning Community would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.